Pecans and walnuts combine to make these delicious nutty cinnamon rolls. Making them is easy starting with frozen bread dough from the supermarket.
My husband loves cinnamon rolls (and I’m starting to love them myself) so I have been searching around for something a bit different and trying some variations.
I came across a recipe for caramel pecan rolls and I thought they looked really good. I decided to change the recipe up a bit and I think they turned out so good!
I used pecans and walnuts for a change, and I have to say I was very pleased! Nuts in baked good really kick them up a notch.
To make it a bit easier I used frozen bread dough that I bought at the store. This saved me a bit of time so I didn’t have to make the dough!
I am a HUGE fan of cinnamon, which you might be able to tell from all the cinnamon recipes, especially cinnamon roll recipes, I have here on the site! Before we get on to this recipe, I want to point out some of my otherfavorites:
No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
If you are in a hurry but the sweet tooth just keeps nagging, whip up a quick batch of these No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls. They are easy to make and no waiting on the yeast to rise!
Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls
These melt-in-your-mouth Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls combine the yumminess of soft fresh cinnamon rolls with the deliciousness of strawberries!
Copycat Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
Make this mall and food court favorite at home with this mouth-watering recipe for Copycat Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls! Homemade at home tastes even better.
Amish Cinnamon Rolls
Amish food is ALWAYS delicious so it is no wonder these Amish Cinnamon Rolls will have you asking for more!
Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
Last, but not least, be sure and check out these Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls! It’s like having apple pie and cinnamon rolls all rolled into one delightful treat!
Caramel Pecan Walnut Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- Frozen Bread Dough
- Butter, melted
- Brown Sugar
- Corn Syrup
- Granulated Sugar
Continue on to the recipe card below for step by step directions to make these Caramel Pecan and Walnut Cinnamon Rolls.
Enjoy them hot, or save for a later time. They taste great if you nuke them in the microwave right before eating!
I hope you all enjoy these, I was very impressed with them! The flavor was great and for not loving cinnamon rolls I have to say I kinda loved these! The sweetness with the crunch of the nuts make them scrumptious to the last bite!
You are also welcome to skip out on both pecan and/or walnuts. Feel free to use just one, if you don’t want to mix them both, or you don’t have them both on hand! I thought it added a nice flavor having both, but it is not something you have to do!
- 1 Frozen Bread Dough (allow to rise)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. corn syrup
- 1/2 pecans
- 1/2 walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Allow your bread to rise. I just used a frozen loaf of bread I bought in the freezer section. This made it pretty easy, so I didn't have to mess with making dough!
- Then in a bowl mix your melted butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, pecans, and walnuts. Then put them in a greased cake pan. Make sure to spread them out, it will look kind of splotchy but it will be enough once it cooks!
- Next take the bread that has raised, and flatten it! You can do this by putting some flour on the counter for dusting and roll out the dough till it is flat and is is shaped close to a 15X9 inch rectangle.
- Mix the white sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Take that and sprinkle over the flattened bread. I then slowly rolled up the dough with the mixture on it, like you would for a cinnamon roll.
- Cut the dough into thin layers and place on top of the nut mixture in pan. Once you place them all in your pan cover with a towel and allow it to rise for about an hour.
- Turn oven to 375 degree's and bake for around 20-25 minutes. This will depend on your area and elevation and humidity. Once they are golden brown, you can take them out.
- Here is the tricky part, you want to then flip your pan over on a cookie sheet or another cake pan so that the nut part will be on top. I used another cake pan but it is whatever you want. I let it cool for about 5 minutes first then I flipped them.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 0gSugar: 44gProtein: 0g