Make a moist and delicious banana bread using only THREE ingredients! Starting with a cake mix makes this recipe super easy.
I am a HUGE fan of Banana bread, it is something I have always loved! I had bought some bananas and didn’t get them all eaten up and I thought, perfect timing for some banana bread.
When skimming through Pinterest a while back I saw this recipe. It is a 3 ingredient banana bread, so I didn’t write it down as I knew I could remember how to make it!
I have to say for using a store bought cake mix, this still tastes like homemade banana bread. I will admit I was a bit leary of how it would taste, but I am pleasantly surprised!
When making banana bread I normally opt for this walnut banana bread, that is absolutely delicious!
You can also decide to add nuts into the bread or even chocolate chips, granted it won’t be 3 ingredient banana bread after that, but still super easy to make! If you like, you can also add a dash or two of cinnamon.
I whipped out my KitchenAid Stand Mixer and in minutes I had this ready to go in the oven, and before I knew it, fresh delicious bread waiting to be devoured!
3 Ingredient Banana Bread Recipe
- Yellow Cake Mix – If you want to change up the flavor, you can use a Devil’s Food or other flavor in its place.
- Large Eggs
- Ripe Bananas – Bananas that are just starting to soften and have some dark brown spots are best, but I have used more ripe bananas and they work too.
How to Make Banana Bread with Only 3 Ingredients:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Coat two loaf pans (I used 8×4 inch) with cooking spray. Alternatively you can use one large loaf pan.
Smash the bananas in a large bowl.
Add in the cake mix and eggs.
Stir until well mixed and pour into baking pan(s).
Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. If making one large loaf, you may need to bake longer.
Remove from oven and allow pans to cool on baking rack for 15 minutes. Then remove the bread from the pans and continue to cool on cooling racks.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! It is something to do when you don’t have a ton of time or maybe all the ingredients on hand for banana bread! Next time I will add some nuts in it I think!
I was shocked at how much this tasted like homemade banana bread. I have made this numerous times and it is amazing every time!
I have also heard from multiple readers who have used this recipe but subbed out other flavors of cake mix. Apparently chocolate and spice cake have both turned out delicious!
Do you enjoy quick recipes like this to make that are easy and affordable?
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3-4 Large Ripe Bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Coat two loaf pans (I used 8×4 inch) with cooking spray. Alternatively you can use one large loaf pan.
- Smash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add in the cake mix and eggs.
- Stir until well mixed and pour into baking pan(s).
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. If making one large loaf, you may need to bake longer.
- Remove from oven and allow pans to cool on baking rack for 15 minutes. Then remove the bread from the pans and continue to cool on cooling racks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g