Quick to Whip Up – Apple Cinnamon Muffins
These simple apple cinnamon muffins are so quick to whip up, and before you know it you are devouring them!
I love to make muffins and then freeze them, so I can just grab them here and there. I zap them in the microwave for a few seconds or let it thaw and it chilled. Either way they are a delicious treat anytime of the day!
I wanted to take a minute and tell you a couple of items that I wish I had when I made these! I just recently starting using silicone cupcake liners and they are to die for! A great alternative to disposable paper baking cups, they can be used again and again.
You can put them directly on a baking sheet and bake them, they stand up nicely and are not flimsy! Best of all they clean up so easy, it makes it simple as can be!
Moist Apple Cinnamon Muffins Recipe
Simple Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 large apple finely chopped apples (about 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup milk (room temperature.
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. First off you want to warm up the coconut oil so that it is melted.
- Then in a large bowl, mix your softened coconut oil, milk, vinegar, brown sugar, vanilla and egg.
- Once well combined, add in your flours, baking soda and baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- When it is well combined, slowly fold in your diced apples.
- Spoon into baking cups and bake for about 12-15 minutes. Depending on your oven time will vary. Stick a toothpick in and when it comes out clean they are done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g
Sara Zielinski says
This is an awesome muffin.
Lisa Brown says
These look scrumptious! Thanks for sharing.