Quick to Whip Up – Apple Cinnamon Muffins
These simple apple cinnamon muffins are so quick to whip up, and before you know it you are devouring them! I love to make muffins and then freeze them, so I can just grab them here and there. I zap them in the microwave for a few seconds or let it thaw and it chilled. Either way they are a delicious treat anytime of the day!
I wanted to take a minute and tell you a couple of items that I wish I had when I made these! I just recently starting using silicone cupcake liners and they are to die for! A great alternative to disposable paper baking cups, they can be used again and again. You can put them directly on a baking sheet and bake them, they stand up nicely and are not flimsy! Best of all they clean up so easy, it makes it simple as can be!
In a hurry? Buy the silicone liners here: http://amzn.to/2kCWEC9
Moist Apple Cinnamon Muffins Recipe
- 1 large apple finely chopped apples (about 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup milk (room temperature.
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. First off you want to warm up the coconut oil so that it is melted.
- Then in a large bowl, mix your softened coconut oil, milk, vinegar, brown sugar, vanilla and egg.
- Once well combined, add in your flours, baking soda and baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- When it is well combined, slowly fold in your diced apples.
- Spoon into baking cups and bake for about 12-15 minutes. Depending on your oven time will vary. Stick a toothpick in and when it comes out clean they are done.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g