In our home I think potato soup is one of our favorite soups to have. I make a Cheesy Bacon Baked Potato Soup that is a really big hit. I have made that for many family gatherings and everyone loves it!! That soup I make on the stove, and I was looking for a new potato soup to try and cook in the crock-pot! This soup uses the cubed frozen hash browns, so no peeling taters ;-)! You truly just toss the ingredients in, stir and let cook for the day. Then about 1 hour to 2 hours before you are ready to eat mix in the cream cheese.
I was thinking this recipe is so easy, and it really turned out great. I topped ours with some extra sharp cheese and that really was delicious. You can also top with some bacon and green onions to add some more flavor to the soup! Here is a really easy Crock Pot Potato Soup recipe I think you will enjoy!
- 1 32 oz bag of diced hash browns
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 can of cream of chicken (regular size can)
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1 tbs dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese for topping (we used extra sharp)
- green onions
- bacon bits or crumbles
- You will want to place the hashbrowns, chicken broth, and cream of chicken soup in the crockpot. Add in the parsley and garlic salt. Stir well and turn crockpot to low and cook for 7-8 hours.
- Around 1 hour to 2 hours before you are ready to serve the soup, toss in the cream cheese and allow it to melt. You will need to stir it every now again.
- Once the cream cheese is melted, spoon out into bowls and feel free to top with shredded cheese, onions, or bacon bits!!
- Refrigerate leftovers!
This soup is really easy to whip up, and it has a good amount of flavor in it!! Plus if you add some green onions or bacon crumbles to it, you can have a whole new amount of flavor to the soup. We decided to just do shredded cheese, and even like this, it was really good. Plus, we reheated it the next day, and I was pretty happy with how it reheated! Some foods just don’t taste as good and this recipe tasted just as good the second day!!
I hope if you try this recipe you and your family will enjoy it :-)! What is your favorite kind of soup?