I remember as a kid my mom would make these Peanut Butter Cornflake cookies! We didn’t get them all the time, but when we did, I am sure they disappeared just as quick as she made them! I ended up buying some cornflakes the other day for another recipe, and I had some leftover so I thought it would be a nice treat to make some Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies!!
I think these cookies are super easy to make and you don’t have to turn the oven on!! They remind me a lot like the process you go through when you make no bake cookies, just use less ingredients! This recipe doesn’t require to many ingredients and you might have them all on hand in your pantry!!
One thing you could do to add another layer of flavor is melt some chocolate and drizzle over the top of cookies! This would give it a chocolate peanut butter perfect combination for sure!! I just did the classic recipe but I might add some chocolate to a few as well :-)!
So here is the recipe, and like I said little ingredients, little prep work, but major payoff on the taste factor!!
Easy Peanut Butter Cornflake Cookies Recipe
- 6 cups of Corn Flakes
- 1 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter (you can use smooth if you prefer)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- In a saucepan over low to medium low heat combine the sugar and corn syrup.
- You will want to bring this to a boil, and allow it to boil for about 2 minutes. You will want to stir this mixture a lot as it is cooking. If you don’t it will stick and burn. Once it starts to boil you will need to stir it constantly.
- Once you all sugar mix to boil for two minutes, pull off stove and mix in peanut butter and vanilla. Once it is well mixed then add in your cornflakes.
- Stir well and then spoon the cornflake cookie onto wax paper!
- Once they set up, store in an airtight container on counter.
These cookies have a nice chewy texture to them. They are nice and sweet and you can really taste that delicious peanut butter goodness in them!! I like how the cornflakes add some crunch to the cookie. It is nice to switch things up from a regular chocolate chip cookie every now and again! Although, you can never go wrong with a chocolate chip cookie ;-)!!
What kind of cookies did you eat as a kid that you still love as an adult?