Here is a really tasty recipe for a Cuban Slider sandwich – to switch up your menu! You can use a leftover pork tenderloin to make these sandwiches, or make one just for it. Or replace the pork with turkey or any other meat you want, this recipe is easy, and you can switch ingredients up a little to fit what you have in your kitchen or taste buds!
1. Line a pan with foil, wrap foil around the outside of a heavier pan like glass or cast iron. Place in oven
and preheat the oven to 400˚. Careful when placing the pan with the foil on the outside, the foil tears
2. Take Rolls out of the package as a whole unit. Cut into a top and bottom half with a large serrated knife.
3. On one end of the bottom half of the Rolls fold 4 ham slices in half and place the folded edge to the 3
outside edges of the rolls and 1 in the middle, the round parts will overlap in the middle. Repeat on the
other end of the bottom half of the rolls with the other 4 slices.
4. Place a layer of the tenderloin medallions on top of the Ham slices.
5. Place the Swiss cheese slices, two at each end, the fifth one cut in half and place in the middle. Apply mustard to the other side of the bread.
6. Place the 5 oz. of Dill relish in a mesh strainer, shake a few times then supporting the mesh with one
hand push down with a paper towel to force out the excess liquid. Sprinkle the relish over the cheese.
7. Spread the mustard evenly over the top half of the rolls. Place the 2 halves back together.
8. Take the pans out of the oven and brush the foil with Olive oil. Carefully place the rolls in the pan with
the foil on the inside. Place the heavy pan on top to press down on the rolls, give a little push down to
9. Bake at 400˚ until the cheese is melted and the bread is slightly crispy, 10-15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool until you can comfortably handle it. Cut into individual sliders and
*Tenderloin- Rub with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, place in oven at 350˚ until an instant read
thermometer reads 145˚, 30-45 minutes. Let cool then refrigerate until ready to slice.
These are a nice and tasty sandwich! Now if you had made a tenderloin the night before, you can use leftovers, or even use turkey in place of the pork if you want! Very versatile sandwich, and just create with ingredients you love!
Leave a Reply