I don’t think you can go wrong with M&M’s, they are just so good!!! I haven’t made M&M cookies in ages so I thought I better get on it and get some whipped up. I actually prefer softer cookies over ones that have a crunch to them, so I always bake my for less time to help keep them soft!
Pudding Cookies are something I forget about! Not sure why, but I thought it would be a fun twist. You use pudding in the cookie mix :-), pretty neat right?! It adds a little bit of a softer texture and as for taste it has a slight difference. I really love these and they are pretty quick to whip up!!
- 1 cup of buttered (softened)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Box of Vanilla Pudding (I used the smaller size box)
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips (you can use milk chocolate)
- First off preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In my KitchenAid I mixed in the softened butter and both sugars till creamy. Then add the eggs one by one, and then start adding in the pudding mix, flour, baking soda, and vanilla. Once it is well mixed it will have a creamy texture. Then add in your M&M’s and the chocolate chips.
- Spoon out onto a cookie sheet and bake for around 8-10 minutes. You want them to be a light golden color, and they will be a bit soft.
- Put cookies on a baking rack or wax paper, whatever you have on hand. Store in air tight container or freeze if you want.
You could also get themed M&M’s for whichever holiday to give the cookies a theme. I looked for some Thanksgiving/Halloween colored ones but didn’t find any at our store. They could have been sold out! Plus if you want to opt out of the chocolate chips in the recipe you can, you might just want to add a few more M&M’s into them.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe, I know Adam and I will enjoy eating them up!! I think I will end up freezing some of them so we can have them later, although I know I could probably eat them all at once ;-)!
What kind of cookies do you tend to make at home? I normally go for no-bakes or just regular chocolate chip cookies. I felt like we needed something a bit different for once!