I have been seeing bacon wrapped chicken all over Pinterest. Well, last night I decided to play around and come up with a bacon wrapped stuffed chicken recipe for us! I used jalapeno’s and just a couple spices to help flavor the cream cheese. For us I think it was a perfect fit.
For my first time making this, I think it turned out perfectly. The flavor was nice and the bacon wrapped around the chicken just gave it such a nice flavor! It did keep the chicken pretty moist. Now I did a few of them without the filling and just wrapped the chicken in bacon! I thought that turned out good too, but I preferred the one that was stuffed.
So if you want to try out this recipe feel free, and let me know what you think!
- Pack of Boneless Chicken (I Used Tenderloins)
- 1 pack Bacon of your choice (I used Farmland Hickory)
- 4 oz. of Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 tsp jalapeno juice
- 4 jalapeno slices diced up (I used out of jar ones)
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- Preheat Oven 375 degrees.
- First I used a rolling pin, and hit the chicken lightly to flatten it a bit, so it was more of a flat surface. Once flattened set aside.
- Then in a separate bowl, take you softened cream cheese and put in the jalapeno juice and diced jalapenos, and put in the onion powder, and garlic salt. Mix it well.
- Take cream cheese mixture and put a thin layer on the middle part of the chicken. Don't spread all the way to the end, because that part of the chicken won't be wrapped in the bacon.
- Then wrap the bacon tightly around the chicken. Leave just a little bit of the chicken on the ends exposed. I didn't put toothpicks in or anything and the bacon seemed to stay on the chicken perfectly.
- Put chicken in the oven for 30 minutes, and then turn it over, to cook the bottom of the bacon. Cook it this way for about 20 minutes. Then turn it back over and turn the oven down to 350 degree's, and bake it until the bacon is crispy on top. I baked it for about 15 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 402mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 13g
Feel free to Pin this on Pinterest if you want to save recipe :-), you can print it easy above by clicking print button! Also if you want to use a whole chicken breast in this, you can. You will just have to adjust the time some, and of course add more bacon to each piece. I just used the tenderloins because that is what I had on hand.
Also if you like a certain seasoning feel free to play around with the spices you add the the cream cheese, those seasonings are just what we use often in our home! But, I am sure there are lots of other combinations that would work as well.