I have always struggled with anxiety and worry, and I am trying to break this! I don’t want to live a life full of fear, doubt, anxiousness, worry, struggles, and everything else it comes with. I thought it would be good to share some scriptures for anxiety and worry! You can read these scriptures to find comfort, hope, strength, and peace!
Today as I was filling up with anxiety I decided, I will read these scriptures and share with you guys, and remember all the reasons why I don’t have to feel that way! I can find peace in all things!!
- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. – Matthew 11:28-30
- Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.– Colossians 3:15
- Put on the full armour of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the power of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. –Ephesians 6:11-12
- For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and love, and a sound mind. – 2 Timothy 1:7
- Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame. – Roamans 10:11
- Worry can rob you of happiness, but kind words will cheer you up.– Proverbs 12:25
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:6-7
- When I am afraid, I will trust in you.-Psalms 56:3
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.- Proverbs 3: 5-6
- I’m convinced that nothing can separate us from God’s love in Christ Jesus our Lord: not death or life, not angels or rulers, not present things or future things, not powers.– Roamans 8:38
- Cast your burden on the LORD— he will support you! God will never let the righteous be shaken!– Psalms 55:22
- Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. – Matthew 6:34
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. -Philippians 4:13
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. – Psalms 28:7
- David also said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the LORD is finished. -1 Chronicles 28:20
- For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. -Isaiah 41:13
- Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13
- There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. -1 John 4:18
- When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? Psalm 56:3-4
- I promise you what I promised Moses: ‘Wherever you set foot, you will be on land I have given you … No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you. – Joshua 1:3-9
You can find so many more scriptures to help you along the way, but I wanted to share a few with you to get started! It is a long journey to over-coming anxiety and worry, but with the grace of God it can be overcame!