What a busy week this has been. For some reason with the 4th of July being on Thursday last week, it still has me a little off on what day it should be. I feel like today should be Friday not Wednesday.. got a ways to go!! Hopefully though having a normal weekend will throw be back on track :-)!
The other night I was hunting around for a new oven roasted red potato recipe to test out. I found one on All Recipes that looked pretty good, I didn’t have all the ingredients fully on hand so I substituted some things. I thought they turned out pretty good, a bit dull on flavor so next time I will add more mustard and honey probably.
Overall, they were good, and Adam really liked them as well. At first he said he was thinking that he wouldn’t but ended up liking them. He also said it would be better if it had a bit more flavor.
But, you might like them as is, it is just how you prefer your food, packed full of flavor or nice and light. We are a full flavor kind of people!
Easy Oven Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe
- 1 pound red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp dehydrated onions (you can use real if you have on hand)
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- You want to quarter your red potatoes. Once they are cut up toss in a ziploc bag or bowl.
- Then add all other ingredients and mix until potatoes are nicely coated.
- Put the potato mixture into a greased pan (I used 9×13) in a single layer.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are done. I stirred my potatoes a few times while they were cooking. This helped get the sauce on them and to help them not stick.
Don’t mind my pan in the picture, haha it is used often! But as you can see by stirring the potatoes throughout it helps make them golden brown throughout, and such.
They did turn out pretty good, and I will probably make them again in the future. Of course I am always playing with flavors so I will change it up a little. Hope you guys enjoy them as well.
Remember if you want more flavor you can always add extra mustard, honey, or a seasoning your family enjoys!