I have always loved meatloaf growing up. For me I think it is a comfort food for sure. When I grew up moved away from home, and got married, I still wanted to cook meatloaf like we had when I was growing up.
But, I am always up for trying out new recipes, and I love this mini meatloaf recipe. They are nicely flavored, and super moist! I have made these so many times and each time they come out perfect!
Another thing about these mini meatloaves is, they are great that you can make them into portion sizes. So all you do is scoop them onto the plate when done! I love the glaze mix that goes over them, it really adds a nice dimension to them! We pair it with baked potatoes at times, or cottage cheese. I like to eat my meatloaf with cottage cheese combined, adds a good flavor to it!
So if you are used to making the more classic version of meatloaf and are getting tired or feeling the urge for something new, maybe give this a go. Each time I make it, they turn out moist and delicious. Sometimes when I would make more of a classic meatloaf it would be dry, or I would mess it up somehow!
If you make it, come back and let me know what you think! You can easily print the recipe above if you want!! Thanks for stopping by today!
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp garlic salt with parsley
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp spicy mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients for the meatloaf (not sauce ingredients) together until well mixed. Then form mini football shapes and place in a greased cake pan. Try to make them all the same size that way the bake evenly. Mine made six meatloaves.
- Then mix up all your ingredients for the sauce. Then take a scoop once it is well mixed and dab some on top of each meatloaf like pictured above.
- Toss in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until done (uncovered). Then serve and enjoy these delicious little meatloaves!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 467Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 879mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 33g