My husband gets up pretty early to get around and head off to work. So I guess I am a bit of a bad wife, as I don’t get up with him to cook him breakfast every morning.. :-(.. but I just love my sleep! On occasions I make some breakfast burrito’s or sandwiches and freeze them for a quick and easy breakfast. He likes having stuff like that to eat in the mornings.
It amazes me at how pricey pre-made breakfast sandwiches are, and they are normally not near as good as homemade! So I just made some burrito’s the other day and thought I haven’t ever shared how, so I thought I would. These are very basic, as he doesn’t want peppers and tomatoes in his, so you can always add them in if you love them. So here is how I make and freeze breakfast burritos at home.
Ingredients:18 large eggs (I bought the 18 count container) 1 roll of Jimmy Dean Regular Sausage 10- large flour tortilla shells 10 slices of cheese 1/4 cup milk aluminum foil ziploc bag (gallon) Now let me say my burritos I made on the bigger size. Adam likes to eat one big size burrito rather then a couple small ones. So you are more then welcome to make smaller ones, and use smaller tortilla shells! In that case you would need more cheese and shells!
How to Make:
1. I start by cooking up the sausage in one pan.
2. In a separate bowl crack all the eggs, and put in the 1/4 cup milk and whisk the eggs. Then you will want to start cooking them in a separate bowl, like you would scrambled eggs.
3. Once the eggs and the sausage are done add the sausage to the eggs and mix it up together.
4. Then you will take a tortilla shell and lay it out. Take one piece of the cheese and spit it in half and lay in the center of the burrito- like pictured above. Then add some of the egg and sausage mixture.
5. Wrap the burrito up and then wrap it in aluminum foil and set aside.
6. Repeat these steps till you are done making burritos.
7. Then once all burritos are made and wrapped put them in ziploc bags and seal them. Toss in the freezer and you can enjoy them at a later time!
Depending on the power of your microwave – it will depend on how long it will take to re-heat. Start at about 30-45 seconds and then rotate the burrito and reheat if still cold. Make sure to take burritos out of the Aluminum wrapper! You can put a paper towel over the burrito, and it will help to keep the shell soft.
Andrea Kruse says
Yum! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I have been thinking of trying this to make my own breakfast routine go faster. If it is available, I will eat it right now. Lol
Your so welcome Andrea!! Ya I am like that too, I want it ready to go asap!!
What a great idea and perfect for breakfast before I send the kids to school! Thanks so much!
Ashley S says
Thank you for this post! I have wanted to make these rather than buying them. My hubby could take them to work!
Your so welcome!! Hope you guys enjoy them!! 🙂 I prefer to make them when I have time, saves money and they are not full of processed junk.
Girl! I’m just like you! I love my sleep! I use to make my hubby lunch but he would complain so I stopped! He and I are much happier with him making his own! lol Your burrito looks delicious!
Hahha Love it @Mommy_Jennof3 🙂 Glad I am not alone there!! Thank you very much!! He likes them a lot, and they are pretty easy to make!
Krystle(Baking Beauty) says
What a delicious idea. I am NOT a morning person, I’m with you I love my sleep.
I shared this on facebook because it is a great idea and a great money saver. Thank you!
Aw thanks Brenda appreciate it!! yes is it a great way to save some money for sure!
Sara Zielinski says
This looks like an awesome burrito.