I love doing crafts, just sometimes I don’t have the time to do them. I am trying to find the time because I love creating things and it is a fun way to add personality to our home. I decided to make some DIY coasters, and they turned out fabulous!! So if you want to make them, here is how. Plus feel free to pin this on Pinterest to have on hand!
For mine, I found tiles at Home Depot and they were only $0.13 a piece, which is a great price!! I made a set of 6, but you can choose how many you want!
Things you will need for coasters:Modge Podge – I use Matte Finish Tiles Clear Coat Finish Spray Paint Fabric Glue Felt Scrapbook Paper Way to cut paper and felt, I used a paper cutter!
Steps on How to Make:
1. Cut your scrapbook paper and felt to fit the size of your tiles. I left some space for around them so part of the tile would show as a border. I can’t tell you what size as it will depend on the size of tile you find in your area.
2. Once you have felt and scrapbook paper cut, place them on the tiles to make sure you like them. Once you are happy with size, set the felt aside and you will use later for the back side. Take and flip the scrap paper over, and put modge podge on the back of it, and then turn it over and place it on the tile. Make sure it is centered. Do this for all the tiles and allow them to dry fully before going to the next step.
3. Next you will put a layer of modge podge on the top of the scrapbook paper on the tiles. You will want to do this 3-4 times. Make sure you allow to dry fully each time. This will help keep the tiles secure, and make sure to take your time. You will see lines from the modge podge, it goes on a white color and will dry clear.
4. Once you finished putting your modge podge layers on and they are completely dry now comes putting the clear coat finish spray. I took mine outside and placed them on old newspaper. You will want to spray the tops of each coaster with clear coat 2 times. This will help make it water proof and give it a little shine.
5. Now you want to glue your felt to the bottom of the tiles. As you can see I covered almost the whole back. It will hide the lines on the back of the tiles. Allow to fully dry and you are finished with your DIY Coasters!!