This year has really been flying by, I am so shocked we are already in February! Lent is right around the corner (February 13th) I thought it would be a great time to try out a new #FishnVeggies recipe to add into our dinner mix!
I think Adam (hubby) could eat fish everyday of his life if he had the option ;-)! Plus when I talked to him about trying out a new recipe for Fish Taco’s with Corn salsa he was so for it. I have heard people talk about fish taco’s and I personally have never made them or even tried one!
Van de Kamp’s had this great recipe on their site for Fish Tacos with Corn Salsa. When I saw it, I knew I made sure to make a list, and then I headed off to Walmart to pick up all my goodies I needed. You can see my whole trip to Walmart over on my Google + page!
Now depending on where you live, you will either find Van de Kamp’s or Mrs. Paul’s fish tenders. So you will just have to check your area and see what your local store carries. In my area we have Van de Kamp’s line! I made sure to grab my Birds Eye corn and other ingredients for this recipe as well. When I am shopping I always find more things I need then I go in for :-)!!
The one thing I am very impressed with for the Van de Kamp’s/Mrs. Paul’s line is that they always have 100% whole fillets—never minced! So you are getting good quality fish products, and I really appreciate that. You can grab them in the freezer aisle and take home create a fun recipe or just toss in the oven and either way they are delicious. They are a great source of protein, plus a natural source of Omega 3!
Birds Eye as well takes pride in providing healthy high quality vegetables for their consumers. They flash freeze which protects their maximum flavor, texture and color!
Now on to my fish tacos with corn salsa!! While I was preparing the corn salsa I tossed my Van de Kamp’s fish tenders in the oven to get them going! Then started chopping away on my salsa. I must say it is very colorful and just looking at all the colorful veggies is making me hungry!! Once I got all the ingredients cut for the salsa I put in the bowl with the corn and mixed it up. Then I squeezed fresh lime juice over the top of it! The smell of this is amazing, and I pre-tasted it, and boy is it good!
Look at this color and tasty corn salsa!! Now it was time to create my taco’s and I added some cheese, and cabbage, and then some lime on the side to squeeze over the warm taco’s! Very unique way to have fish, and very tasty. My husband really liked it as well. The salsa was jam packed full of flavor and it complimented the fish very nicely!!
Overall this was a very quick and easy meal to prepare!! It will make a great recipe to use on the nights where I am in a hurry or don’t feel like cooking forever. Even though it is a quick fix, don’t let it fool you, it taste like something you would get at a restaurant!! So, now it is your turn to prepare these fish taco’s with corn salsa and be the judge on what you think!!
This recipe is from the Van De Kamp’s. I can’t take credit for this wonderful creation! Now I used half the box of fish since their was only 2 of eating!
- 1 box Van de Kamp’s® Fish Tenders
- 1 1/4 cups Birds Eye® Sweet Corn Kernels, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons jalapeño chili
- 4 white corn tortillas (6 or 8-inch)
- 1 1/4 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 package (4 oz.) queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- 2 fresh limes, cut into wedges for garnishes
- Bake fish according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, mix corn, red onion, red bell pepper, 1/4 cup cilantro, lime juice and jalapeño together in a bowl until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fill each tortilla with 2 prepared fish tenders. Top each with desired amount of corn salsa, cabbage and queso fresco. Serve garnished with lime wedges and cilantro.
- Mix sour cream and the remaining taco seasoning together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Place one fish fillet in each torilla. Top each with desired amount of lettuce, cheese, zesty sour cream, and taco sauce from packet. Serve with corn salsa.
Adam enjoying his 2nd or 3rd taco! He worked late so decided to kick back in the recliner and watch the news!
Also make sure to enter the Win Dinner with the Neelys Giveaway! One lucky grand prize winner gets a trip for two to NYC and dinner with the Neelys. Check back for daily chances to win signed cookbooks from the Neelys. Plus there is a $1 off coupon you can print on Van de Kamp’s fish products!!
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and Pinnacle Foods Group #cbias #SocialFabric #FishnVeggies