I like to have a wide variety of food we eat at home. I never like eating the same meal over and over again. I also like to try different versions of the same foods as well. This is a new fajita recipe, with homemade seasoning to use rather then using seasoning out of a packet. It is pretty mild and not overly strong in seasoned flavor.
Serve on warm tortillas and top with a dollop of sour cream and cheese if you want! This is more of a mild seasoning, as I don’t like super strong flavor or too spicy. So you can always jazz it up if you want!
Easy Steak Fajitas with Homemade Seasoning
- Seasoning Ingredients:
- 1 tbs. corn starch
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red peppers
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Mix all ingredients together!
- Fajita Ingredients:
- Steak or Chicken ( I used top round steak) Thinly sliced
- 1 Onion
- 2 Green Bell Peppers
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- 2 tbs oil
- flour tortilla's
- Put the oil in a pan and turn heat to medium/high heat.
- Take half of the seasoning and sprinkle it onto the meat, and place in heated skillet. Allow meat to cook through. While the meat is cooking dice up the onion and pepper into thin strips.
- Take the rest of the seasoning and sprinkle and mix it on the veggies. Then toss veggies in skillet with meat and stir occasionally.
- Allow the veggies to cook down some and become a bit soft. When they are at the texture you like.
Leave a Reply