I don’t know why, but when I think of Pasta Sauce in my mind I think it would take so much work to make. I am not sure why I felt that way, so I never even thought to give it a try. Then one day I am just carrying on with my life and BOOM it hits me!! Girl, you got to try it out, surely it isn’t THAT hard to make!
So I hopped on Pinterest… yes it is an addiction! I came across some recipes and I was shocked at how easy it was!!! My husband said it was better then the jar sauce, I thought it was pretty good too. I didn’t notice a gigantic difference but with how easy it is to make, I think I might use this recipe from now on :-). The recipe I found that I followed the closest was Arkansas Soaper, very easy instructions and great flavor!! So read below on how to make super easy Homemade Pasta Sauce!
This took very little steps, and the longest wait was allowing the sauce to cook for a few hours to allow the flavors to incorporate! I think next time once I get the onions and garlic cooked I will then transfer to a crockpot :-)!
- 2 – 15oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 – 6oz can tomato paste
- 1- 15 oz can of Hunts Diced Rosemary and Oregano
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1/2 cup of diced onions
- 1 tbs garlic minced (I used from jar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbs parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano
- 2 tbs sugar
- Mushroom diced (optional)
- Bell Pepper diced (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add your oil, onions and garlic, and cook until translucent.
- Once onions are translucent add all your other ingredients in the pot, turn to low and allow to simmer for 2-4 hours. You will need to stir this from time to time.
- Like I said above you can also transfer from pot to crockpot if you would like.
- Once sauce is done pair with hamburger, pasta, meatballs, or however you want to serve the sauce!
I ended up making meatballs and put in the sauce for dinner. We had Meatball subs, and I gotta say it was pretty tasty!! You can use this sauce however you would like, whether you pair with pasta, use for pizza sauce, make a classic spaghetti, the choices are endless!
I think next time I make it I might dice up some bell pepper and add it in when I am cooking onion and garlic to add another dimension to the sauce! Hope you enjoy this if you decide to make it :-D!