A Fun Twist On a BLT
Warmer weather is here in Kansas, I think we jumped from winter to summer! It has been getting in high 90’s most days and we have had a few that hit 100 and higher! Wooza, I am wishing we had spring because this hot weather is already draining me! To hot to get out and go do stuff, as you start sweating almost instantly!!
With warmer weather here, I tend to go crazy on making pasta salads. Adam starts to crave it as do I! My mother-in-law made a pasta salad similar to this at our last get together we had. It was so good, extremely easy to make! It is going to be a new favorite in our house I am betting :-)!
If you love BLT’s then give this BLT Pasta Salad a go. I am not a tomato lover so I just pick them out, and give them to Adam to enjoy!
BLT Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 box of Pasta Shells
- 1 package of bacon (any brand will do)
- 3-4 tomatoes diced
- 1 bag of Spinach leafs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp milk
- You will want to cook your pasta how it shows on the box. Once it is done drain and make sure to rinse in cool water till cool.
- While pasta is cooking, start to cook up your bacon till nice and crispy, then once it cools tear it into little bite size pieces, and toss in the drained cool pasta.
- Add your mayonnaise and tsp of milk in a bowl and mix up.
- Then just Mix all of the ingredients together and put in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Once you are ready to serve, lay some spinach leaves on plate, then top with the pasta salad and serve.
I served this for dinner, and it was pretty filling. You are welcome to make this as a side or main dish! When it gets so hot out, I tend to enjoy lighter foods rather than tons of grease or heavy food. Plus it is nice to have some good salad recipes on hand to make and take to potlucks, and bbq’s you get invited to!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe, like we do! Feel free to add more ingredients or toss some ranch in, whatever your taste buds desire! Feel Free to Pin on Pinterest to save this recipe for later use, or print it off!