In our home we love to have fruit cups on hand. For me it is a great way to get the fruit on a daily basis and not have to worry about having a ton of fresh fruit on hand and it going bad before we get to it all. We do buy fresh fruit, but I find that Del Monte fruit cups are extremely convenient and we love them!
I love how these are the perfect size for a #SmartSnack! We like to pack them in lunches, and I enjoy eating them as a side for breakfast at time too! I love that Del Monte puts a lot of thought into their products! You can tell they want to provide consumers with exceptional quality and find healthy snack options for kids and adults!
So when I heard they had come out with two new flavors I thought I had to snag these for sure.
When I came up on the aisle with all the fruit cups and applesauce area, it is just crazy at how many brands, flavors, and options are out there!
The Del Monte was right in eye view which was nice, and it stood out for sure! It didn’t take me too long to spot them on the shelf!
I finished my shopping and then was ready to checkout! I was really excited to get home and try out the new Del Monte Cups! When I hear about new fun items, I want to be right there in line trying them out first :-D!!
So, What are the new flavors you ask:Diced Apples & Pears with Caramel Flavor and Diced Pears with Vanilla & Spice
Both are exceptional, the flavors are great, and I love how 1 cup has only 60 calories each! That is one awesome healthy snack option, don’t ya think?! These are in light sauce, which helps cut some calories and I have to say you can’t even notice a taste difference, so I really love that! Plus I love that they have more flavor they both remind me of Fall flavors for sure!! My favorite is the Apples and Pears with Caramel sauce, it is So good!!
I thought it would be fun to try out a fun recipe with these fruit cups as well, just to have a fun new way to enjoy Del Monte Fruit Cups! Since I love peaches too I made sure to snag the peach one as well and add it into the recipe too!
I decided to make my own little turnovers with the fruit cups! Very easy and very tasty! I think these will be a fun treat to have or enjoy for breakfast from time to time!
- 1 fruit cup -Diced Apples & Pears with Caramel Flavor
- 1 fruit cup- Diced Pears with Vanilla & Spice
- 1 fruit cup- Diced Peaches with Cinnamon & Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp sugar
- pie crust (i used pre-made one that rolls out)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree's.
- Just roll out your dough and cut it into sections for the turnover. I did them a medium size as you can see in the picture.
- Then you want to take one of your fruit cups and drain most of the juice out. Then add 1 tsp sugar and mix in with fruit.
- Place it in the center of the pie crust you cut out, and lay the same size crust on top of it, and then press the edges with a fork to close it up.
- I then did the same thing with the other flavor of fruit cup, so that we could have two different turnovers.
- Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes until golden brown on the outside. You can use this recipe for any Del Monte Fruit cups, just choose any flavors you like!