Do you ever have a craving that won’t go away? Well, last week I had that feeling, and I was craving a Chicken Fried Hamburgers with mashed potatoes and gravy.
This is exactly like a chicken fried steak, you just use hamburger instead! They are pretty easy to make, and it hit the spot!! I always like gravy and mashed potatoes with this, but you can do fries, or whatever you want!
Depending on the size of your family you will want to make a larger batch. We just used 1 lb of hamburger as it is just the two of us. So that is what the recipe is for.
Chicken Fried Hamburgers Recipe
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 cup bread flour (you can use white flour I just prefer bread)
- 6 saltine crackers crumbled up very fine. (I just put in a ziploc and used my roller to smash them)
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Oil to fry
How to Make Chicken Fried Hamburgers:
- First off – you can make any size patties you want. You can make them bigger or small, I did a little of both.
- Now you will want to get your patties made from the hamburger and set aside.
- Then add your milk and eggs in a bowl and mix them up and set aside.
- In a bowl or plate mix the flour, crackers, season salt, and pepper together.
- Then in skillet add oil to cover the bottom (won’t take much). Turn it on to medium-low.
- Here is the fun part!! You will take a hamburger patty, dip into the egg mixture covering the hamburger, then dip it into the flour mixture. Take that same patty and dip it into the egg again, and flour. It will give you a nice coating!! Do this with each patty until you are done. When the oil is heated up you can put in each patty into the skillet. Cook until the hamburgers are cooked through, and nice and golden brown on the breading.
One thing I noticed is if you turn your patties over to quick the breading won’t stick as good. So make sure to let them cook for a few minutes before flipping them. Just use your best judgement :-)!Then serve with potatoes and gravy, or any other side! Hope you enjoy them like we do!