I love trying new sandwich combos, and I had some shredded chicken and started to get creative. I am a huge fan of cream cheese and jalapenos together! I thought why not make a Cheesy Chicken and Cream Cheese Jalapeno Sandwich! To me it seemed like it would be a perfect combo, and very easy to make! I made chicken and then shredded it, but if you don’t want to you can buy pre-cooked chicken. A rotisserie chicken would work well too!
Cheesy Chicken and Cream Cheese Jalapeno Sandwich
- 1 French Bread Loaf
- 2-3 cups of cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cream cheese block (room temperature)
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt with parsley
- 1 tsp jalapeno juice
- jalapeno slices (depends on how hot you want it)
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- First set your oven to 350 degree’s.
- Take your French Bread and cut it down the middle length wise for an open sandwich style.
- In a mixer combine the cream cheese, garlic salt, jalapeno juice, and maybe 3 jalapeno slices. If you like it hotter you can add more jalapeno slices to mixture. Mix this up till well mixed, and spread on one side of the bread.
- Then add a few jalapeno’s on top of the cream cheese for a little more spice, then add some chicken on the other side of the bread, and sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top!
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. It will make the bread a little crunchy!
Enjoy! Very easy to do, and is something different then a normal sandwich. If you really like spice, you can add more jalapenos like I said or even a few drops of hot sauce! I am a more mild girl and don’t like a ton of spice, as my husband does. So I just make his more hot by adding extra jalapenos.
Something neat, my recipe was made and shared in the All You Magazine! They loved the recipe and made it and decided it was worth sharing in the magazine!! It is such a highlight to see a recipe I created shared in a magazine!!