I was looking through my pantry and found some canned cherry pie filling and thought I would use it up today! I decided to make a Cherry Pecan Crisp recipe – which I have made many times! It is really quick to whip up and doesn’t take to long to cook. I think adding the chopped up pecans really gives the crisp a whole new dimension of flavors!
I love to do easy recipes that taste like it could have taken a long time to create ;-)! Now if you are not a big fan of pecans I think it would be okay to leave them out, or use another nut like almonds!
This recipe doesn’t use a ton of ingredients and is easy to make. I just grabbed my two cans of cherry filing and poured into a greased 9×9 pan. Then in a separate bowl I put in all the dry ingredients and stirred it well. Then I added in the softened butter, and mixed it with my hands until the butter and mix was nice and crumbly in small little sections!
Then I just popped it into the oven and let it bake for 25-30 minutes. Once it was done you can serve with cool whip, ice cream, or by itself!!! Yum Yum!!
- 2 cans of cherry pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups of quick oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped finely
- First off preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Then grease a 9×9 pan and pour in your two cans of cherry pie filling.
- Then in a separate bowl put in all your dry ingredients and mix well.
- Next take your softened butter and mix it well into the dry mixture until it is in tiny balls.
- Pour the mix over the top of the pie filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for around 25-30 minutes.
Hope you all enjoy this recipe if you decide to make it! I would love to hear your thoughts. Again super easy to whip up and taste really good!! You can also substitute the cherry pie filling for other pie fillings like apple!! That would be tasty as well!
Feel free to Pin this on Pinterest, and print out the recipe to have on hand for later use :-)!