This is the BEST Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix recipe! Super easy to mix together in just a few minutes, you can keep it on hand to make salad dressing or dip or use it as a seasoning. SO GOOD!
You really should add this homemade ranch dressing recipe to your tried and true recipe collection. I mean, who doesn’t love Ranch dressing? It’s so yummy! And versatile. You can use it as a dressing, a dip, a condiment, a seasoning….you name it!
I like to add the prepared dressing on salads, veggies, sandwiches and cheese quesadillas for starters. I also like to use the powdered version for seasoning meat, casseroles and soups, as well as a base for a few different sauces my family enjoys on a regular basis.
My homemade ranch dressing mix is simple to make. It contains spices and dried buttermilk. That’s it.
Mix with milk and mayo to make salad dressing or add it to sour cream for zesty dip.
A few notes:
- I grind all my spices together into a fine powder so they mix well into recipes. You most certainly do not have to do this if you don’t mind a rougher texture.
- The recipe below is for a small amount. You can multiply the batch as many times as you like and store in an airtight container until needed. These are my favorites for pantry storage.
- You can serve this dressing 1 hour after refrigerating, however, it will taste much better if you prepare the day before serving to allow the flavors to have a chance to fully mingle.
- I like to store my prepared ranch dressing in mason jars. They’re great for keeping fresh in the fridge and they look pretty for serving.
Save more by buying bulk seasonings
I like to order bulk seasonings from Amazon because they have competitive prices and it ships to my door FREE with either Prime Pantry or Subscribe & Save.
Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix Recipe
- Dry Buttermilk
- Minced Onion or Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt
How to Make Dry Ranch Dressing Mix:
Mix all dry ingredients in a food processor and grind to a fine powder.
How to Use Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix:
- Dressing – Mix 2 Tbs with 3/4 cup mayo and 1/2 cup milk. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Best if prepared the day before serving to give flavors a chance to blend.
- Dip – Mix 2 Tbs with 16oz container of sour cream
How to Make a Big Batch of Ranch Dressing Mix to Store and Use Later
Other Uses for Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
There are soooo many delicious ways to use dry ranch dressing mix. Here are some of our favorites:
- Sprinkle on chicken before cooking.
- Make a batch of Ranch Popcorn.
- Sprinkle on french fries before serving.
- Add to mashed potatoes for extra flavor.
- Before heating up dinner rolls, brush with melted butter and add ranch mix.
- Sprinkle on chicken fingers.
- 1/2 cup dried buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced onion or flakes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all dry ingredients in a food processor.
- Grind to a fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 25Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g