I can’t believe October is almost over, this month has really flown by for me. I had my gallbladder removed on the 7th, and I have been down and out for a few weeks, so I am finally getting back into the swing of things. I thought I would share a fun treat you could have that your kids would be batty for!!! These are a tasty treat that would be great for after-school, parties, or just a snack! They are pretty easy to whip up as well, and you don’t need many ingredients and best of all no baking required!
These Nutty Bats make great Halloween Treats, and they are pretty easy to make! So let me share what you will need and how to create these adorable sweets!
- 1 package of Nutter Butter Cookies
- 1 cup of melting milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup of M&M's
- Writing icing (BLACK)
- Sprinkles (for eyes)
- First off you want to melt the chocolate, you can do a double broiler, or melt in the microwave. Just heat it for like 15 seconds at a time till chips melt.
- Then once melted dip the nutter butter cookie, into the chocolate till it covers about a 1/3 of it, like pictured.
- I put them on wax paper to dry, then take the writing icing, dip a tiny dot, then place the M&M on for the eyes, and then do another tiny dot and place sprinkle in middle of M&M.
- Store in a covered container.
As you can see, they are easy to whip up, and kids would really enjoy making these with you if you wanted! They would be perfect for a school party, a treat for the afternoon, or even a Halloween inspired party! You could also substitute the cookie for another kind if you have a peanut allergy. I know the Keebler brand has a longer cookie similar to these that are vanilla, they are not as round but would still work, just round the chocolate a little to make it look more like wings.